How can I plan for retirement?
There are many things people need to consider when looking at retirement planning. It can be a complex area and it’s vitally important to understand what your options are and what strategies are available.
We cover some of the key areas that relate to retirement planning below.
Superannuation or investing
- Taxation planning
- An investment strategy and taking an appropriate level of risk
- The ability to draw an income to help meet your living expenses
- When can you gain access to your benefits (e.g. superannuation)?
Social security (Age Pension)
- What are you entitled to, and how can you maximise your benefits?
- How will social security fit into your overall retirement picture?
- What is the process to get approved for benefits?
- How does the system work, and what is the best approach?
- What are the costs and social security implications?
- Are you in a position to gift money to your loved ones? If so, what is the most effective way to do so?
- Do you have an adequate estate plan in place?