How can I plan for retirement?
There are many things people need to consider when looking at retirement planning. It can be a complex area and it’s vitally important to understand what your options are and what strategies are available.
We cover some of the key areas that relate to retirement planning below.
- Taxation planning
- An investment strategy and taking an appropriate level of risk
- The ability to draw an income to help meet your living expenses
- When can you gain access to your benefits (Super)?
Social security (Age Pension)
- What are you entitled to and how can you maximise your benefits?
- How will social security fit into your overall retirement picture?
- What is the process to get approved for benefits?
- How does the system work and what is the best approach?
- What are the costs and social security implications?
- Are you in a position to gift money to your loved ones? If so, what is the most effective way to do so?
- Do you have an adequate estate plan in place?
The above areas make up a portion of retirement planning, to ensure that your strategy is appropriate for your needs please get in touch to organise an appointment.